1883 - 1973 (90 years) Submit Photo / Document
||Bertha Anna Salewski [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||10 February 1883
||Niederzehren, Marienwerder, West Prussia, Prussia [5, 6, 7, 8]
|Cause of Death
||Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, Auterioscheuotic Cardiovascular Disease, And Diabetes Mellitus |
||29 June 1892
||New York, New York, New York, USA [6, 9]
- left from Brakau which is near Marienwerder
||23 March 1902
||Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA 
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
||Bremen, Germany 
||Housewife, Housekeeper In Private Home [5, 10] |
||Lutheran, Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church, Detroit, Michigan |
||Riverside Cemetery |
||1891: Emmigrated to the US |
1892: Emmigrate to the US
31 May 1904 : Married Karl in the Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church, Detroit, MI. Witnessed by Arthur Brebzloff and John Salewski.
1928-30: Divorced Karl [6, 11, 12]
||1895: May have been living at 1183 25th with Anthony and Valentine Zelezinski|
1896: May have been living at 1185 25th with Jacob Helinski.
1897-98: May have been living at 1185 25th with John V., Anton, August and Gustav Selinski and Joseph Waszelewski
11 Jun 1900-1901: lives with Christian H. Haberkorn and family at 669 Trumbull Ave., Detroit, MI (have map, became 3951 Trumbull in 1920)
1905: 120 26th, Detroit, MI
1906-22: 459 (now 4723) Williams Ave, Detroit, MI
1925-6: 5288 Tillman Ave., Detroit, MI
1926-30: 9423 Stoepel Ave., Detroit, MI,
1936: 5039 Ternes Ave., Detroit, MI
1940: 4953 Schloff, Dearborn, MI
1940-41: 6920 Jonathan, Dearborn, MI
?? 829 Forrest Ave, Plymouth, MI
?? 345 Ann Arbor Trail, Michigan
?? Moncrieff Nursng Home, 1564 Cadillac Blvd, Detroit, MI
1973: Sterling Nursing Home, Sterling, MI [6, 10, 13, 14, 15]
||12 May 1973
||Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan, USA 
||16 May 1973
||Plymouth, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA 
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
||10 August 2014 |
||Carl “Charles” Salewski, b. May 1836, Germany , d. about 1905 (Age ~ 68 years) |
||Julianne Gerbinski, b. 7 June 1838, Germany , d. 5 March 1914, Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA (Age 75 years) |
||20 October 1861
||Niederzehren, Marienwerder, West Prussia, Prussia [16, 17]
||Family Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Karl Herman Frank, b. 1 July 1881, Neüffen, Nürtingen, Württemberg, Germany , d. 19 May 1948, Inkster Twp., Wayne Co., Michigan, USA (Age 66 years) |
||1 June 1904
||Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA [12, 18, 19]
||24 January 1929
||Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA [20, 21]
||1905: 120 26th, Detroit, MI|
1910-20: 4723 (459) Willliams Avenue, Detroit, MI
1925-6: 5288 Tillman Ave., Detroit, MI
1926-9: owns house at 9423 Stoepel Ave., Detroit, MI [11, 13]
||31 May 1904 : Married Karl in the St. Johns Lutheran Church, Detroit, MI. Witnessed by Arthur Brebzloff, John Salewski, Anna Frank and Frieda Frank. Married by Rev. Gustav Claus. The church was located on the corner of Maybury Grand Ave and Poplar St.  |
| ||1. Edwin W. Frank, b. 28 February 1905, Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA , d. 6 December 1994, Dearborn, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA (Age 89 years)|
| ||2. Charles Herman Frank, b. 27 July 1906, Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA , d. 11 January 1991, West Branch, Ogemaw Co., Michigan, USA (Age 84 years)|
| ||3. Evelyn Bertha Frank, b. 8 May 1908, Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan, USA , d. 6 August 1993, Ann Arbor, Washtenaw Co., Michigan, USA (Age 85 years)|
||Family Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Card submitted to WMGS Surname Index, 11/20/95
Bertha worked as a domestic for Charles Haberkorn in 1900-1. Charles Frank also worked for C. H. Haberkorn & Co. as a shipping clerk.
Bertha rented her house to borders during 1930
Couldn't find a death notice in the Bay City Times.
Bertha died of chronic congestive heart failure, auterioscheuotic cardiovascular disease, and diabetes mellitus. She had a fractured right hip at the time of death.
Interred by Schrader Funeral Home, Inc. 280 S. Main St., Plymouth, MI
Bertha’s Social Security Application stated that she lived in either Sharon or Lime Rock, CT.
Lime Rock, Conneticut is at 41.56 n 73.27 W, or 5 miles nne of Sharon, Conn., and Sharon, Conn is slightly north of 40 miles due west of Hartford, Conn.
Grandma Frank's is interesting in the fact that she is carrying on the pretense that she was born in the U. S. The fact that she spoke fluent German and sang German lullabies sorta belies the fact that she was born in the U. S.
Name: Bertha Salewsky
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
Port of Departure: Bremen
Place of Origin: Brakau, Germany
Ship Name: Hermann
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Microfilm Serial: M237
Microfilm Roll: M237_592
Traveled with Juliana Salewski
In the year 1285 belonged to the Bishop Black Pomezania. Before the year 1336 were located here in the village of Chelmno law, Vogel was mayor. With a site may be linked to the foundation of the parish, in the mid-fourteenth century, staged in the Black church of brick and fieldstone stone. Location of the church you think that the village was located in the Lower Black later. In the same century belongs to the Black part of the property known as Alczenow (olsztynowo) with most of the lake Kucki. After the year 1381 to the village of goods also included a lake, later called Kanonickim. When there was a grange sołectwo Czarne and potam also knighted. During the Great War (1409-1411) Polish prisoner was taken to George Black, perhaps identical with Jerzy Skolimem, later a judge and ensign komtustwa Elbląg. In the next generation Skolimów brothers, James and Henry, had the good around the Black and probably in the Czarne. Believed to be Polish knights, who actively worked for the Prussian state to undergo Poland.
Not known Black se fate after 1454. Skolimów hence probably give up. Names of Black Top and Black Bottom, to denote the part of the village, appeared for the first time in written sources in 1539. After the secularization of Catholic parish declined, but remained a brick church. The population went to Lutheranism, but initially did not have to cuddle up eagerly to the new religion. Church and religious community took care of Trumiej ministers who preached sermons in Polish. In the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, this meant that the population was predominantly Polish here.
In 1885, Upper Black hamlet area was 69 ha, 33 people lived here. In 1939, the Black Bottom were 1085 residents and 270 households.
Between 1719 and 1892 rebuilt the church (parish dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Anthony), located on the former Slavic settlement with. The Church has a system salowy, flat ceilings, in zachrystii vault. Eastern Summit stepped, with pinnacles and blind windows. In the church are Baroque pulpit (from the turn of the century XVII and XVII) and a stoup forged in granite (with the turn of the century XV and XVI).
After the Second World War, the Black Bottom became the seat of the District National Council. Wójtami turn were Jan Brzezicki, Gregory Lubowicz and Albert Golebiowski. Since 1954 the village was the seat of the National Council district. Chairmen of the Presidium GRN were Roman Domazych, Leon Mroczkowski, Bronislaw Wolski, Stanisław Rycharski and Irena Wielgorz. 1 January 1973, the Black Bottom village incorporated municipality Gardeja.
A pioneer of education here was Czaesław Ostrowski, who already 15 May 1945 organized by elementary school.
In the sixties, founded in Czarne SKR Lower base, the base also expanded service zaopatrzeniowo-GS. The local state farms specialized in sheep. In 1970 he joined the Agricultural Department in Trumiejach.
In 1970, the Black Bottom Solecka village inhabited by 533 people, and the adjoining villages sołectwo count: Black Upper - 257 people and Black Small - 398 people. The villages are part of the municipality Gardeja. [5, 6, 9, 14, 15, 22, 23]